Starting to plan the décor for your big day? Here are a few good ideas on where to start and what questions to ask.
- Select flowers that are in season at the time of your wedding.
- Ask your décor team if they can do the signage and stationery or if you need to go to a separate wedding supplier for this.
- Always a good idea to ask for a Mood Board once you have discussed and agreed on the look and feel of your wedding and ready to proceed with a specific décor supplier. This will ensure you are both on the same track in terms of the containers, candles, flowers, additional touches you are wanting. And help avoid any nasty décor surprises!
- Décor teams are not usually wedding coordinators. Seeking guidance from your wedding coordinator will really help in ensuring that you and décor work well together and understand each other throughout the process. They will add another perspective, ask the right questions and help with all the finer details.
- The décor team should do a site visit with the wedding coordinator and client. There may be areas that spring up that need to be enhanced or disguised, that you did not originally include in the brief.